"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Sunday, July 13, 2014

LFCC 2014 (Saturday)

So I decided to go to London film and comicon this year for the first time. I chose to only do one day and pay for earlybird and then prebook only 1 photoshoot so I wouldn't end up frazzled. I didn't end up doing everything I planned due to it being rediculously busy but I did get the important stuff done.
Started the day by getting to the station early enough to catch the train before the one I planned. Bonus. Also on we we bumped into two others going to the comicon...I ended up navigating everyone to earls court. lol!
Stepped out of the station to see the longest queue in the world with some poor chap having to shout out directions. We thought we heard prepay go round the corner. So trotted of gamely to find the end of the queue. So we walked and walked and walked till we were sure we'd just done a loop. Then finally there it was the end of the prepay queue...and only a handful of people in front. bingo!
Got hand stamped and headed inside...joined a queue (well its what you do at these things) to get the doctor who talk tickets. The queue didn't look that long (about 10-12metres)....yet it took 2 hours?! to get to the desk. I'm not sure how that's possible within the laws of phisics. But we had a good chat with those around us in the queue.
Got a chance to do a quick walk round before taking oppertunity for loo break and to buy a cold drink.

 Found the sherlock set and took some photo's, but it was roped off so no sitting on the couch. ;)
 Then we shuffled against the flow back towards the doors (as now standard entry was being let in). got my hand stamped again as by this time the original has sweated off. eep!
Took a breath of fresh air while looking at transformers props outside, before heading into EC1 for the sherlocked talk.
Met another Doctor Who cosplayer in the queue and spoke to the guy with wings (more on that later). The talk was first come first served but we quite by accident got quite close to the front of the queue.
The seat wasn't too bad. Various questions were asked most of which were answered with 'watch season four'. Moffat suggested it should be printed on t-shirts. We didn't win the autograph raffle but had to get back over to EC2 for the prebooked photoshoot with paul mcgann. It was a bit of a nightmare fighting through the crowds to get to to the photo area. We just made it in time and were ushered in quickly. I wasn't dissapointed. He is such a nice guy, even complimented my cosplay.
Shuffled back ooutside to find the prearranged dr who photoshoot. But no one was at meeting point. We thought we were too late.  Had a few mins to eat lunch. When someone came over and told us where there were others.
 There was even a war doctor cosplay there.
Then it was back over to EC1 for the cosplay masquerade. I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go, I just knew the stage was there so thought I would ask. Met few others who were waiting and turned out we needed to go to different area, fortunately we were quickly let to correct place and from then on it went smoothly.
This was one of my favourite cosplays, looking at the various ones in the masquerade. I could see all the work that had gone into it. It looked like a film costume. Very jelous, wish I could get that fit and finish on my historic clothes. We had a great chat about historic costuming *waves* (I hope you've found the blog).
My other fave was this chap. The wings could open and close and looked realistic even up close. He even kept a sense of humour despite being unable to sit down with the wings on.
I didn't get to see all the entrants from backstage but all those entering had put lots of effort in to their costumes.
The doctor who talk was in the same stage area so was in a good position to queue up for it. It was really good and the two 'doctor's ' were funny when they started teasing moffat and discussing a musical doctor who episode. Now that I would like to see.
Then we went back to EC2 had last look around and got a cold-ish drink. Met the riddler...(it was that kind of a day).
Then headed back to the train station. We walked all the way round to the side with the TARDIS outside and met some cool Doctor Who Cosplayers who despite not being able to get into the excel due to it reaching capacity had spent the day by the TARDIS taking photo's and having a great time. There was a Timelord and a Silent guarding the box.
Then it was off back home. Tired sweaty and a little bit poorer. lol! I did enjoy it but I think I well do full weekend next time as it was too much to cram in one day.






4 comments:

  1. Hi, just replied to your post in the Showmaster forum, can't wait to see your crinoline. I have a Mrs Gillyflower cosplay that will not be coming out again till Time of Angels as it is so bulky. See you in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may cheat and use my calf length 50's petticoat as a mock crinoline so it'll fit and be more collapseable. Its for my disney cosplay.
      I'd love to see your mrs gillyflower cosplay. I have it on my list to do ada's dress.

      Delete
  2. Yay for another femme 8th doctor!! Met Paul McGann at a Sydney con & agree he is friendly and nice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We are a rare breed. ;)
      Which of your blogs is your outfit on? I'm building up enough cosplay ideas to last me several years. lol!

      Delete