"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sewing bee - WWID - week 4

Sewing for children was this weeks theme. Well I have never and probably will never sew any childrenswear. So looked at it in terms of how you might scale up the skills.

Dungarees
The pattern seemed quite simple....and left me wondering if I could make a pair my size. lol!
I wouldn't have chosen cord (I've never had good results with cord). I think I'd prefer a cotton or a lightweight denim.

Upcycle jumper and leggings into a fancy dress costume
I saw quite a few posibilities...but then I'm used to seeing potential costumes in old clothes.
I was thinking pirate or sailor like one of the other contestants. The other thought was nurse or perhaps a medevil knight.

Prom Dress
I'm not a fan of the term 'prom dress'. Its just a bit...vague. I think I'd have gone for a simple halterneck dress with a gathered skirt. Going for style and elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment