"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, December 27, 2013

Idea for a Doctor Who Cosplay

Ok so I was looking for a Doctor Who cosplay that would suit me. They needed to be blond, and a girl ideally wearing glasses but that's such a rarity in Doctor Who. After a long serch I came back to my original idea of romana.
 I love her pink outfit from Destiny of the Daleks.
 The boots I could match the style if not the colour. I also have a pink frock coat. I could just sew on some contrast piping.
I could reuse the shirt I made or make a new blouse with pintucks in the front and the ruffled sleeve cuff as in the original. I have my high waist trouser pattern to make the pink trousers. And the scarf is easily sourced...I can sew two normal white scarves together.

2 comments:

  1. "I have a pink frock coat" Now that's not a sentence one see often! :) I loved Romana, she was smart and feisty. That was not a combo often seen on TV in those days.

    ReplyDelete