"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Monday, October 21, 2013

"it will be a very useful gown, happy to go anywhere"

"I have determined to trim my lilac sarsenet with black satin ribbon just as my China crape is, 6d. width at the bottom, 3d. or 4d., at top. Ribbon trimmings are all the fashion at Bath, and I dare say the fashions of the two places are alike enough in that point to content me. With this addition it will be a very useful gown, happy to go anywhere."

Just as Jane did I've come to the conclusion that for Bath my purple dress needs to be trimmed with black.
 With a black spencer and black bonnet with my purple flower trim and white lining.
I'll wear my black pumps but then have either a white or purple reticule. I already have the right colour umbrella and fan to match. I'm going to have a go at doing some fancy ribbon trim too.

No comments:

Post a Comment