So inspired by the colours of the Clara Bow dress I went in search of the right colour fabric. Now problem is either it draped but wasn't the right colour or the right colour but wrong pattern. So in the end I decided to use some cheap 'silk' haboutai and polycotton as this would act then as my 'template' I could later on make dresses in cotton out of to the same pattern.
I used the portrait blouse pattern but changed the neck line and shortened it - as bottom half of the blouse would be my green fabric (so basically colour blocked it).
I made it first in polycotton to test out how it fitted. Ten I started on the shiny material. Really should have underlined it coz it was so slippery and frayed a lot.
I then pleated the skirt and attached it to the lining...then folded the green band over and topstitched. Sewn up the skirt back and tacked closed where the zip would go.
Then I made green bias binding and finished the arms and hem. Inserted zip.
Made a matching headscarf and I was done.