"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Doctor Who Style

Design Sketch
Thinking vintage I have noticed the 11th Doctor is a bit 'art deco'. So have been inspired by the 30's elements of his outfit to create my own. Its not a costume or a copy...just inspired by.
Lets start with the tweed jacket.
Something like this from new look would do. Or maybe I should try and make one?
A basic collared long sleeve white shirt...of which I have several.
Trousers...I think my grey swing trousers I'm planning on making from the Eliza M pattern would work.
Now braces and a bow tie....Do I buy the braces or make them?

And where do you find a cheap bow tie you tie rather than clip on?
Are they easy to make?

Anyway decided I needed a theme to my holiday sewing so 'art deco doctor' it is...kinda reminds me of this image:

Source: askactor.com via Lady on Pinterest


As its the 50th anniversary year in 2013....was thinking of having a Doctor Who themed sew-a-long. Anyone is welcome to join me. The idea is to sew by December 2013 something inspired by each of the doctor's. If your interested let me know. But I'll be carrying on regardless.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds really cool! I wouldn't be making something from each doctor but would love to join in and make a 10th Doctor suit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. A 10th doctor suit would be fab.
      (is this time to admit I've actually got a 10th doctor sonic screwdriver? lol)

      Delete