"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Regency Dress II - Nearly there!

Well nearly finished....just doing buttonholes on the open robe now. Even got my accessories together. I will wear the black shoes, with matching umbrella and fan for the promenade, but the grey ones for the dancing to go with my grey 'grecian hairband'.

I used the burda pattern for the 'yellow' dress. But changed the placement of the elastic on the  neckline.

 And instead of using elastic for the sleeves I pleated them.
Close up of pleats on sleeve from inside
 And thought I'd show my pleats at back of the open robe.

In these pics my open robe was just pinned and the hem on the dress not sewn. I hope next post about the dress will be on location.


EDIT: Wanted to add some images of the open robe compleated

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. I've now got a cap & bonnet to add to the list.
      You see I have a cunning plan. I have cap to keep hair neat. Will have my yellow 'shawl' and bonnet for the promenade, but then when I'm inside I can do a quick change. Take off bonnet. Shawl becomes 'turban'. I remove broach from bonnet and decorate my turban. Simples.

      Delete
  2. Your dress is very pretty and it looks beautiful on you!! I am also obsessed in sewing ( I have just finished my 2nd Spencer) and I love it to see pictures from other brilliant sewers. I wish you a lot of fun with this dress. Best regards Thilda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you for your kind comments. My sewing is strictly amateur but I try my best.

      Delete