"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, January 13, 2012

The problem with shoes

Shoes
My fave pair of sensible shoes have died. One heel is now shorter than the other. Its worn down a ridiculous amount. So now I'm on the hunt for a replacement. Problem is fashion dictates you either have flat pumps or ridiculously high stiletto platform shoes no sane person could possible walk in let alone stand. I want sensible without being ugly shoes. Nither do I want 'old lady' type shoes but that seems to be only option if you and a sensible heel. And that doesn't take into account my awkward feet size. (A UK size 4 wide fit is my usual compromise)

Excuse my quick sketches
Anyone suggest a shop in UK that sells anything like this?

I'm still 'wearing in' my new clogs in so when 'resting them' I am forced to wear trainers or pumps which is now starting to give me back ache. I need to swap between heels and flats to stop that happening. I think I will have to dig out my summer sandal sensible heels  to tie me over.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, we have a brand of shoe called Ziera and they are gorgeous. I am sure that they are available over there but you can order them onine too. Google teh name for their website. I was drooling over shoes a bit like this yesterdayin their sale. The price will probably give your british heart palpitation, but they are so nice. Only brand I wear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your blog, but have not commented until now. I love shoes. I would suggest you look at Nordstrom.com I am not in the UK, but thanks to the internet one can shop anywhere today. Nordstrom carries every shoe imagineable and I tend to do the majority of my shopping at Nordstom. Good luck to you.
    --Mari
    http://thecaregivingwoman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete