"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Some regency dress designs

"Can you make me a cambric shirt?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Without a seam or needlework
Then you shall be a true lover of mine."



Here are some I drew out quickly....got a few more I need to scan in. I have a shirtdress at home I find really comfy...and it just happens to be empireline. Quite tempted to use the top part as a 'template'.
I also have a smock top I like the top and sleeves for.

Well anyway here is some sketches color will be added later.
The bodice would be a solid green and the skirt a white with yellow and green flowers. Trimmed with olive green ribbon.
I like the dress on the right

Dress on the Left has top based on the photo at bottom of page. The right is simple drawstring would be done in faded pastel pink or white cambric with floral braid trim.

Dress on the left is 'nautical' inspired (would be in blue & white). Dress on Right white petticoat with crossover pellise in a solid colour.


Spotted this dress on another blog. I think it would suit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment