"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Saturday, November 5, 2011

1950's dress - update 4 - the crinoline



Dress so far
So this morning I made my petticoat/crinoline to make the skirt stick out. I did originally intend to use the online pattern...but in a sort out I came across an old white linen tiered skirt with elastic waist and thought Ii might cannibalize the material to save me work.

You can see I even left the little loops on for hanging it on a coathanger.

 And Here it Is at work..not quite sticky outy enough but I'm working on that....

Needs another ruffle at the bottom of skirt



1 comment:

  1. That crinoline looks like it should work well! I look forward to seeing how the skirt looks with it on. : )

    Happy sewing,

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete