"Resign yourself, Catherine! Shops must be visited! Money must be spent! Do you think you could bear it?" - Northanger Abbey

Friday, September 30, 2011

Bunting

On my successful sewing projects list is bunting.  Managed about 2.5metres in two Saturdays of sewing. At least it got me used to the sewing machine...I think I would have taken a year if I'd done it all by hand.

Bunting
And here it is in situ at the EATMT Traditional Music Day 2011
EATMT TMD 2011 - beer and bunting

Which was a fab day out as usual. Got lots of tunes I'm planning to learn after hearing them at the session.

EATMT TMD 2011 - Kirkgate Hornpipe/Bodmin Riding March/Radstock Jig by Ladydetemps

And I got a chance to watch the stepdancing this year.

Here is the video I did of my playing one of the tunes I learned after heard it at Stowmarket.

2 comments:

  1. The first tune in the sound cloud embed sounds very Swedish! It would be nice to be able to attend that traditional music day some time. But it feels almost impossible since it comes so close to the summer. Oh well.. you never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might one day coincide.
    I've managed to find Kirkgate Hornpipe in Hardcore English tunebook.

    ReplyDelete